Bus Stop and Bus Rules
Riding the bus is a privilege, not a right!
The bus is an extension of your child’s classroom experience. Please review with your child these important rules.
Bus Stop & Bus Rules:
- Student’s may only ride the bus that they are assigned to.
- Be on at least 5 minutes early to the bus stop and wait safely off the roadway.
- When crossing the street, wait for the driver to signal and always cross 10 feet in front of the bus where the driver can see you.
- Follow the directions of the driver.
- Sit in your seat facing forward and remain seated.
- Talk quietly and use appropriate language.
- Keep all parts of your body inside the bus and to yourself.
- Avoid harassment of fellow students and bus employees.
- No fighting, intimidation or horseplay.
- No throwing of any object.
- No littering, drinking or use of tobacco or drugs on the bus.
- No weapons, dangerous objects or metal/ glass containers.
- Avoid damage to the school bus and to other people’s property.
- Avoid any acts which endanger yourself or others.
- Avoid bringing band instruments on the bus unless it fits in your backpack.
*All school policies are in effect on the bus and at the bus stop.
*The bus stop is the parents’ responsibility.